Wednesday 15 February 2012

Valentine's day

Dear Valentines Day
Now every year you arrive on the same date 14th February. I believe its a day to spread joy and give the people in your life something to let them know you care. This doesn't just mean your partners even if you are married or not, i mean your best friend, your mum, your dad or even your cat.
I'm a florist so i work in the trade of Valentines day, it one of our biggest days of the year. We get through so many roses in one day you wouldn't believe how my hand feel the day after (that's today). They receive cuts from so many thorns, I'm surprised i haven't run out of hand cream. It's nice to sell roses and other flowers to people on this day who will leave and put a smile on someone elses face with the gift they are about to give.
Don't get me wrong I'm single and like sooooo many people out there, didn't receive a single thing, not even a card. But that's life and after 7 years in this job I've learn to enjoy seeing other people happy at what you have created with flowers, so at least I'm giving on this day.
However i did treat myself to chocolate so i wasn't to bothered about getting nothing from anyone else.
So next year, if you are single like i was this year, not be bitter about it, just enjoy the day with some chocolates for yourself, or do what my friends and i do (this year a few days before on a Sunday because i don't work that day), head out to Nando's with a smile on your face and enjoy some chicken and see who you can pick you in the street, if not what you can buy in the shops.

Always look on the bright side of life

Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment