Sunday 9 December 2012

My Trip Aboard - New York City

Hey everyone,

Sorry I've been a bit quite this last week, however I haven't been around to give you posts to read.
I've been very lucky to travel aboard to a city I've always wanted to visit. Now I'm not shy to big cities, I've already travelled London (My local city), Paris, Berlin and Chicago in the USA. This time I got to head back to the USA to visit the famous city of NEW YORK!!
I've always wanted to visit this city, I've seen it in many of my favourite TV shows and films. Its been a dream to visit New York city, something I've been trying to do since i turned 18, however life just sometimes gets in the way. Back at the beginning of October I book the Trip! There was no return (Not that i was going to change my mind) I was off to New York for the end of November. You might be thinking, why? Well, my older brother had been living just outside of New York city for the last few months and welcomed me to stay. I just couldn't say NO. Therefore when the 23rd November finally arrived, I knew I was getting on a plane and heading across the ocean.


Day 1
  • Travelled across the Ocean
  • Got a train from Grand Central Station
  • Viewed the house I was staying in for the week
  • Evening Entrainment


My first Yellow Taxi

Times Square

The empire state Building from a distance

A steming drain! Yeah, to some people
it might not be much but seen loads in
films!

Grand Central Station. (From the inside)
It a beautiful building.

A Yellow fire Hydrant

Ice Hockey - A vicious sport.

In front of the Ice.
 
So had a busy first day! Exciting times!
 
Day 2
  • The beach
  • New Haven
  • The Pez factory
My view in the morning from my bedroom
window.

Yes, thats the beach from my window.

 

A beautiful day for walking along the beach

The house I was staying in.

My name in the sand.
 
Moi... In the sun shine.

USA 2012... yes the year!

New Haven... The home to Yale College.
The Ivy league College.

The pretty Churches
 
The Pez Factory.....
Yes the home of them little sweets you had when you were younger.

There was even a Lucky charm one!

Small christmas tree decorated in Pez sweets.

Kristin and I chose Ariel!

My Brother, Me, Kristin and Nate outside
the factory!! With our shopping bags.
 
Day 3
  • The Empire state Building.
  • Madison Square Garden
  • Times Sqaure
  • Central Park
  • 5th Avenue
  •  


 On my Third day in the USA my Brother and I headed into the city.

Grand Central Station.
 

The New York Library.
 
The Loby of The Empire State Building.

The view south.

The view towards Central Park.

Madison Sqaure Garden, Home of the....Knicks!!

Got to watch the Knicks play, The New York Basketball Team.

Moi

Moi just a bit excited to be in Times Square.

The Empire Hotel - This Hotel features in the TV show
Gossip Girl as the hotel Chuck Bass owns.

The castle in central Park

The boat house in Central Park.

5th Avenue.

Tiffany's!! However I didn't have breakfast here.

Ice skating at the Rockefeller Centre. We didn't skate,
but I'll be back to give it ago.
 
 
Day 4
  • Local Mall
Eating Frozen Yogurt

What we would call football boots. Just not used
to the name. Found it interesting.

A little Dog for sale in the pet shop!
How cute, but I wasn't allowed to bring him
home.

Had dinner in a Wendy's.
 
Day 5
  • Boat Ride
  • Wall Street
  • Natural History Museum.

The Statue of Liberty

Moi on the boat with the Statue of Liberty and
Ellis Island in the back ground.

The New York stock exchange.

The Natural History Musuem.

The Easter Island Head.
"You Dum dum gimme gum gum."
Quote from night at the museum.

The front of Grand Central Station.
 

Day 6
  • Ground Zone
  • The Brooklyn Bridge.
  • Brooklyn
Ground Zone. A beautiful tribute to all those people
who lost their lives on 9/11

Brooklyn Bridge.

The stunning view from the bridge.


Day 7
  • The Rockefeller Centre
  • Central Park
  • The Metropolitan Museum of Art
  • Bloomingdales

  • The view from the top of the Rockefeller Centre
    towards Central Park.

    The Squirrels in Central Park

    Central Park Zoo.


    The Alice in Wonderland Statue in
    Central Park.

    The Metropolitan Museum.
    Moi sitting on The Met steps... Just like in Gossip Girl.
    Bloomingdales

    The Christmas Tree under the Rockefelle Building.

    Last picture of Grand Central Station.
     
    Day 8
    I flew home on day 8. With a 7 hour flight home, I did get to watch two more films.
     
    I hope you have enjoyed seeing all my pictures from my trip to New York City. It's alway been a dream of mine to visit the city, I'm still in love with this city and after visiting has made me wanna go back!! Maybe when its a little warmer... April, May next time??
     
     
    Love Lolly
    xoxo
     

    1 comment: