Tuesday 20 March 2012

DIY

Dear Readers
In our house hold DIY has always been a family affair, it's all hands on deck, so most of the rooms in our house have been decorated by my family of four. We are very lucky as my grandad is a carpenter so many jobs are quick and easy for him do to. He's very helpful to have about to lend a helping hand. I remember when our rabbit decided she didn't like the wallpaper in the hall, so she started eating the corner of the paper, which she then pulled at, ripping a piece all up the wall. My mum wasn't to pleased, I'm sure there was some bad language used as the rabbit just quickly hopped out of the door. With a piece of paper missing from the wall my mother decided it was time to redecorate, well the rabbit had stared the job. A week later the walls had been stripped and a new floor had been added. Just over two weeks later the hall way was finished.
This year my parents have decided that the living room needed decorating. It started with just the ceiling being redone as the colour had faded. However again my mother had other ideas, telling us it had been over 10 years since the room had last been done. So in I, coming up with a colour schema, a nice mixture of warm browns. Within a day the room had been cleared of all its clutter and all that was left was the TV and sofa's. We had been told the TV was not allowed to be moved until the Everton match at the weekend had been seen, (football in our house always comes first).
Now the weekend just gone is one of the busiest weekends at work for the fact it was mothering Sunday, so I was working flat out to get every ones orders filled. You may think that when I got home Saturday night after a crazy day that I would of had a quick dinner, followed by a bath, then a falling asleep while watching a girly film... well that's what I'd planned to do, but my family had other ideas. It was time for me to learn a new skill.. wall papering!!! Now I've never done anything like this before but my dad decided because I'm crafty as hes puts it (I say artistic) I should find it easy and fun........No. After working a full busy day then learning a new trade, I wasn't in the best of moods. Every time I finished a piece I would lay on the floor and try to take a nap before I was handed the next bit of paper to place on the wall. Nearly two and half hours later it was decided by my dad that we should finish the rest the next day. Dam, I couldn't wait to go to BED!!
The following day we all finished the rest of the walls. So by 10pm we could have a rest and look back at our hard work, until my dad had to screw the sockets back in place where he found I'd cut them too short!! By now I was passed caring. Overall I'd rather pay someone else to do all the hard work for me!!
So the next time I'm looking round the house at what needs mending, I'm going to book a very long holiday because I'm really not into DIY. I'm sure that I was lucky that it was only wall papering as knowing me the next thing I take on, a visit to A&E would be on the cards.

Talk to you all soon,

Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment