Tuesday 14 August 2012

The Olympic's 2012 - My Trip.

Dear World,

Ever since I was little I have loved watching the Olympics on TV at home. So many great athletes show casing their skills at their own sport that they have spent many hours, days, weeks, months and even years training in to become the best. It is a place where dreams are created and lost! So many different emotions.
Roll on to 2012 and the torch arrived in our country, letting people know a big event will be taking place soon. And yes, after hearing BBC Radio 1 DJ Chris Moyles go on about torch cam, I went out to see the torch pass by my town. Such a sight that I know I might never see again in my life time.
The opening ceremony of the Olympics had been kept such a secret that the eye of the world were all on LONDON.... London didn't disappoint! Such a British show, with many famous faces featuring The Queen, James Bond and who could forget Mr Bean!! The ceremony help portray how our country developed from open country side, to an Iron force. Also show casing our music, which is already heard around the world. When the athletes entered the stadium I couldn't believe how many people were taking part in these games, but also how many different countries there were!! Greece entered first and followed by the rest of the countries alphabetical order, a part from Great Britain as they are the host country. I hope the rest of world enjoyed the show as much as I did, but also understood most of it too.

The first day, after the opening ceremony, the events started. From that first day I was hocked watching, listen and reading about all the events. I had the first week off, and couldn't help but watch anything and everything!! From Cycling to Archery! The first gold by Team GB arrived on Wed 1st August. A day I won't forget as it's my birthday! The women's pair in the Rowing won team's GB's first GOLD and brought on the gold rush!

Moving forward just over a week, to Thursday 9th August. This was the day I had been waiting for as I got my chance to visit the games!! It was an early start, 5am train to London, then on to the Javelin to take us straight to the Olympic park. My family, friends and I brought the tickets a year in advance, we had tickets to the day event for the athletics,
this included:
  • Men's Decathlon - 110m Hurdles
  • Women's High Jump - Qualification
  • Men's Decathlon - Discus Throw
  • Men's 4 x 400m Relay - Qualification
  • Men's Decathlon - Pole Vault
A packed morning, with many different events! My brother and Dad were unable to make the games, so my neighbour's joined us instead. We all loved the day!! Such an exciting day, sitting in that stadium, an amazing place! So many people in one place, flags of so many different countries, colour filled the place! After watching a few events we had a break, where the crowds was started in a sing-a-long, i never thought I'd sing YMCA with a crowd like that! Or "reach for the stars" by S club 7.
After our sing and dance, we got back to the sports. Such a great show, cheering on all the athletes, willing them to do their best! However did get to see a discus throw nearly take out one of the small mini cars that were collecting the equipment - This got a cheer from the crowd!!

The morning Que to get into the park.
The Aquatic Centre
The Orbit - Didn't get a chance to go up this
however one day I'll go back...Soon.
Inside the stadium...Wow
The Olympic flame
Close up of the flame.
Me with my new friend, Wenlock
The BBC studio's


Such an amazing day!! Once in a life time... so many memories from watching these games to. Great Britain were a brilliant team, 29 Gold medals, 17 Silver, 19 Bronze = 65 total!! WOW.
These games will be remembered for many events, but I will remember that I was there!!

I hope you've enjoyed it all too, the highs and low of which these games have brought.

Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment