Thursday 2 August 2012

Film Review - Batman

Dear film lovers,

At the Weekend, finally I got to see the film Batman the dark knight rises, after the long wait the film didn't disappoint! Now, I loved the first two films and felt these films reflected the comic books, taking the well known character and bringing him to life. He is my favourite of all the super hero's, I think it has something to do with the fact he doesn't really have a super power, but works hard to defend the city he loves, but also I think he's hot! (Christian Bale) The gadgets and cars are other reasons to love this character. Now if you haven't seen the last two film...WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?? Such great films, with such wonderful casts, Michael Cain is such a classic actor and makes an excellent Alfred. The last two films blew me away, they are time less, letting you be able to watch them over and over again and still find parts you might of missed in the film. Dam, I wish I could borrow that car for the day. Anyway getting back to this film and away from my driving, parts of the film were filmed locally to me, (Now I never got to see any of this happen, but wished I could of). The large hangers in Cardinton were used to film some of the scenes for the film. These two building are a large landmark in our area and were used throughout much of the first world war. They are now used as storage areas and also for film sets. However over the last few years, all the Batman films parts of the films have been filmed here.
Back to the film itself. In this film we meet cat women, played by Anne Hathaway, know for such films as The Devil Wears Prada and The Princess Diaries so I wasn't sure of her playing cat women, a part played by many different women before her. After seeing her in the film, she totally changed my mind! Wow, she showed what she was made of, created new version of cat women that we haven't seen before on screen, but one that will stay with you long after the film has finished. Moving on to Bane (Tom Hardy), was such a scary villain!! Understanding what he said at times due to the mask, and that of the character was difficult at times, this doesn't take away from just how scary a character he is! The mask covers most of his mouth, meaning that his eyes and body language have to most of the work, this takes plenty of skill as an actor, which he has plenty of! The character of Bane is total scary, I think they have created a wonderful Villain to carry on after the Joker. Other characters in this film are Blake, played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, his character helps bring back Batman to fight Bane and save Gotham. We also follow him as he works hard to help Batman and the police stay ahead of Bane. A much needed added character to the film, he helps will on Batman to return and help fight back against Bane, but doesn't just sit still, he also leads a fights and help the citizens of Gotham.
So many twists and turns in this film, many new characters added, so many moments that will have you on the edge of your seat! We get to see references from the past two films, they aren't lost, but help to develop the out come of this film. I do feel that I need to go see this film again as so much happens!



Such a GREAT film!
Enjoy.

Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment