Tuesday 31 July 2012

Theatre - Legally Blonde The Musical

Dear Friends,

So in under an hour it shall be my birthday (At the time of writing this!), I will be yet another year older, it happens to all of us and there is no stopping it so I know I might as well enjoy it. Lucky me, my beautiful and wonderful friends took me to Milton Keynes Theatre to see "Legally Blonde The Musical" with a little hint from me *Smile*.
We had a meal before hand at one of the lovely restaurants, then were ready to watch the show... Yes I wore pink shoes! Well, my pink dress was in the wash. Our seats in the stalls had a perfect view of the stage for the show. Now I have seen the film and loved it, (A perfect girly film) so I knew what the story line was all about, but in the film there wasn't much any singing or dancing therefore I was really looking forward to seeing how they created the same atmosphere the film does. There was no disappointment!!! WOW! You really felt you were apart of the show, starting with watching all the craziness of Elle and her friends in their dorm, where they are preparing for Elle's boyfriend to engage to her. The excitement on stage had you dancing in your seat. However, when Elle's boyfriend Warner (Played by Gareth Gates, Yes the guy from Pop Idol) breaks up with her instead, her attitude to school work changes. She feels that she needs to get into Harvard University, on their Law course so she can impress Warner and win him back. We get to be involed in all the fun of Elle finding out being blonde is more than just a hair colour, because she is much more than that!
The songs in this show will have you smiling and singing along too, (I was singing them on my way back to the car after the show). The humor in the show is what makes it! You will be laughing and giggling along with all the characters and Elle's way of life. When the delivery man turns up to Paulette salon, I was in fits of laughter! I just wish some of the guys that deliver to my work looked so yummy! By the way for my friend Shakira he was in an UPS work uniform!! haha.
If you get chance to see this show while it is touring this year, either in Milton Keynes or another theatre coming to you GO SEE IT!! Such a wonderful performance by all involed and lovely to see Jennifer Ellison as Paulette, she had me laughing. But the lead who played Elle Woods was wonderful, you could be mistaken to thinking you were watching Reese Witherspoon who stars as Elle in the film.

Thank you so much to the girls for taking me to see this fun Musical!



The Girls and I after the show!!

Had such a wonderful night, Thanks again,

Love Lolly
xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment