Monday 4 November 2013

Flowers are always needed at weddings!

Hello Everyone,

I might be biased but I believe flowers have the perfect place at weddings. I work as a full time florist, I've been in the industry since I was 15 and still at school (I'm now in my early 20's). The interest of being creative is what drew me to this designer work, its a beautiful craft which takes love to create that perfect floral display... To build this skill up I started with evening courses at college, then two years full time at college!! Loads of hard work goes into being a GOOD florist, its not something that happens over night, or that just anyone can do (No matter how easy it looks... Its not!).


Getting back to what I wanted to talk about, Flowers make a wedding from pretty to BEAUTIFUL they can make a picture... A photo of the Bride and Groom together to Table Centres filling a room. Its bring nature into your day, but you have to choose the right flowers and design for your day. I don't think fake flowers can create the same texture that natural flowers can, but also their colour is hard to recreate too!

I wanted to share with you some of the work I have done, being based at the shop where I work...

Corsage for the mother of the bride or groom - orchids or spray roses work the best

A grooms Calla lily buttonhole - a grooms buttonhole should always look more special than any other (it's his special day too)

Why not add an arch way 

Creates a beautiful entrance for your guests

This room is set up ready for the ceremony (two floral designs)  
On the ceremony table add the extra detail to the room, creating colour on the plain white table. 


I'll share more photos and ideas with you soon 

Love Lolly
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment