Thursday 20 August 2015

Just another Bake - Chocolate and Beetroot brownies

Hey,

I've been busy looking up different bakes to create, and while flipping through a magazine I found a great recipe for Chocolate and Beetroot brownies. I know most people wouldn't think about putting Beetroot in brownies, but it just works sooooo well! I promise!

Here's what you need:

Ingredients

  • 150g Butter
  • 150g Dark Chocolate (Or milk if you like that better)
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 200g Caster Sugar
  • 2 tsp Vanilla extract
  • 50g of Cocco power
  • 100g Plain Flour
  • 100g Cooked, peeled beetroot in natural juices 

1. Preheat the oven top 190C, fan 170c, gas 5.
   Grease and line a baking tray. 

2. Break up all the chocolate into a bowl and heat over a pan filled with boiling water.          (Remember that chocolate melts at room temperature) Add the butter to the bowl and melt    into the chocolate. 

3. Into a bowl, added the cooled chocolate and butter mixture.  Beat in the eggs with the caster sugar, flour, cocco power and vanilla extract. 

4. Next you can either grate or like me slice into very small pieces the beetroot. Add to the mixture. Mix in well.

5. Pour the mixture into your prepared baking tray. Place in oven for 20-25 minutes. 

6. Leave to cool.... Then Enjoy!! 

Here's mine that I made:


I didn't eat them all myself, i did share them with my friends and family... But they were soooo good, I made another batch. 
I cut my second batch into smaller pieces for more to share... or more bites to enjoy. 

I'll let you know what I bake next.


Love Lolly
xoxo




  

No comments:

Post a Comment