Friday 7 August 2015

My birthday weekend

Hey,

Life has been a bit crazy this last month so haven't been able to blog much, i started a new job which I've really been giving a lot of my attention to. I'm really enjoying it, plus getting used to the new people i'm working with, who are lovely. 

Anyway on to what i was going to talk about.... My birthday was 1st August and I was turning another year in my 20's... not saying my ages, but I'm well into my 20's. Well i wanted to spend the weekend with my friends, so thought about going to Brighton as my Brother lives down that way and said we could stay. We had had this planned for months unknowing it was a big weekend in Brighton... Gay Pride! My Brother's work were taking part by having a float, so my Bro asked if we wanted to join in and help. Not many chances at getting to do something like this so i said yes straight away. My friends were very happy to join in too.
The night before we drove down to the sea side after taking a wrong turn off the M25 due to a road closed we made it about 1.30 in the morning. It was an early start on the Saturday making sure we were at the float for 9.30 to get everything ready for the fun... however there was a major delay before Pride could start due to a bomb scare. After an hour of two of being delayed the direction of the parade, we were on our way. It was so much fun!!!!!!!
Now I'm a strong believer in people being able to love who they chose, be who they feel they need to be. They shouldn't be judged as long as they don't hurt anyone else its all fine with me. If your gay, bisexual or transsexual or straight as long as your happy it shouldn't worry anyone else. I think its great that pride takes place to celebrate the difference between people, I felt so lucky to be included in the parade, supporting people.

I was part of Brighton and Hove Albion's float, this was their first year in the parade, everyone was happy to show their support for Pride.

 Here's some pictures from the day:

Nando's was even there


Brighton and Hove Albion float with a steal band playing.  

Moi and my friend Chrissie

Moi

People getting ready to start

This guy was my favourite from Pride, he was so
happy plus through out the whole parade he 
was talking to the crowd and dancing all the time.  

My brother and his work mate leading Brighton and Hove Albion's 
float. 

A view across the road of the parade





Moi and my friends holding up the teams flag 




This was my wonderful birthday cake made by my friend Chrissie! 
It tasted really yummy. 

Not many people can say they spent their 26th birthday taking part in Pride... It was an amazing day, i was shattered by then end of it, i felt it the next day for sure. 

Now I'm another year older, maybe I should start acting my age a little more.... Na! 

Love Lolly
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment