Saturday 5 September 2015

Book review - The Girl On The Train

Morning,

I've been a busy bee reading some books over the summer... err well i actually read most of the time in june and july, but I'm only just getting chance now to blog about them... Sorry. I read this book back in june, I couldn't put it down, just loved the twists and turns through out the book.


To everyone else in this carriage I must look normal;
I'm doing exactly what they do: commuting to work, 
making appointments, ticking things off lists.

Just goes to show. 

I saw this book in sainsburys and heard good things about it so wanted to see what it was all about. Once i got into it, yeah i couldn't put it down. They story is told from the point of view mainly of Rachel her life isn't going to plan, from the outside she looks normal, but demons from her past stop her from moving on. The other part of the story is told from Megan, her view is from the past, she should have it all, but just doesn't feel right in the world. Rachel spends her time travelling back and forth on to London, passing some houses she dreams of the life a couple have in one of the houses, making up stories of this happy couple she see every day... When one day she can be part of that world, but not all that happens is good. Her past is only doors away. 

I don't wanna give to much away in this book as its one you need to rad to understand, but it had me trying to work out each step of these characters. Working out how each life fits with another... 


If you get chance give this book ago, its one i don't wanna tell too much about, as the twists and turns will have you asking many questions. I've heard since i read the book that its gonna be made into a film staring Emily Blunt - so you know its gonna be good.

Love Lolly
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment