Friday 11 September 2015

Calling time

Hey,

This last week was 9 years since a school friend of mine died, it still hurts now when i think of him. He died too young at 17, not getting a chance to do so much in life. It makes me want to live every day to the full, love every moment, take chances as you never know when time will be called on your life.
There is a lovely poem i read once about not standing by my grave and weeping as I'm not there. While it was on my mind i thought I'd write my own:

Do not stand by my grave and weep for I am not there.
I have move on,
I am now somewhere else,
Doing the things i love,
Being with the people i have already lost.
I will be smiling,
As it's the best thing i can do.
Most of all i will be with you,
All who knew me,
All who's hearts i touched.
To everyone who spent time with me,
Experienced my joy,
My laugh,
The fun,
I will be in all of your hearts
Your memories...
They will never die.
The memories we made will be worth more than anything else i could of given you,
But more than you could of ever given me,
And if i gave you my time,
You meant more to me than anything.
My time was the only thing i gave for you all,
It was the only free item i had. 
I hope you've all enjoyed my time,
I'm sorry it wasn't all good,
For the perfect side of me never existed,
I was not blessed with that. 
I just tried, most of the time, 
To be the best person i could be....
I failed at times,
But learnt from my failures.
You gave me hope to succeed where others had failed,
I just wanted to give you the same hope.

Please keep me in your hearts,
As i kept you in mine...

Therefore,
Please don't stand by my grave to weep,
As I'm not there,
I'm already in your memories,
I'm already in your hearts,
Just like you were inside mine. 


 Yeah i can be quite deep at times, but my head is full of thoughts and feelings, i feel writing helps. I need to share, this is the best way i can. I hope i reach others who feel the same, sending a bit of hope to them.

Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment