Tuesday 17 April 2012

Beauty and the Beast

Dear Readers,

This evening I went to the theatre to watch the ballet, 'Beauty and the Beast' by the northern ballet company. Now I do enjoy ballet as I trained in this style of dance when I was young and this year have juts got back into classes, so being able to watch this locally was perfect for me. I took my mum with me to Milton Keynes theatre to watch this show. The story is classic one I remember from my child hood (A Disney film I have watch countless times), I must say it was a beautiful performance, it didn't disappoint. Right from the start the music and the stage pull you right into the story before the dancers started. On each side of the stage were mirrors, which the male lead was admiring himself, as I would say checking himself out. The dancers costumes were full of colour and helped to enhance their movement, for example the ladies dresses helped their turns seem bigger also more flowing.
The set on the stage kept changing so fluidly, it was so exciting to see where the dancers would be next. It was beautiful how the dances used all of the stage and the set, with the beast even climbing the walls at one part. It was all so magical.
There was also chuckles from the audience at humours moments with the dancers, their costumes helping to show their character, their movements were smooth. Each dancers had you mesmerised by their movement, showing off the skills they have.
I can over all say it was an evening well spent watching a delightful performance, and one I recommend to all of my friends. My mum said she was very pleased with the whole show, so I know it was money well spent. If you get a chance to go see this ballet or the company, I would while you get the chance.

Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment