Saturday 21 April 2012

Battleship - The film

Dear film lovers
Last night I had a lovely catch up with my friend, we decided we would go to the cinema and see the new film out Battleship. Now I knew this was based on the game, you know the one we all played when we were kids, "9D, you hit my ship" Come on you remember right. Well my friend didn't work this out till half way though the film, don't worry let her off she is blond. So I had some idea about the film, set around water, which I wasn't wrong and boats (Correct again) however there were aliens (I don't remember these in the games). Well, you get the idea of the film, it all in the trailer. However this film is action packed, and did have me on the edge of my seat. The film is set in Hawaii, where the navy are meeting to have tests, however they don't expect to be tested by Aliens. When they crash land off the island near where the tests are taking place, the crew of the ships aren't quite sure whats happening. They aren't sure whether this is a test, but when they go to investigate they find something wants to invade.

This is Rhianna's first film, and I think she played the action chick role very well, I wouldn't mind seeing her in more films in the future, however I don't want her to stop singing. Also the film stars Taylor Kitsch, yeah the guy who was in John Carter the film by Disney. I didn't get to see that film, but my friend and I really enjoyed him in this film (He looked better after he cut his hair short). The muscles on him kept our eyes on the screen. Liam Neeson (Taken), Alexander Skarsgard (True Blood) and Brooklyn Decker (Just go with it) make up more of the cast, all helping create this film that I can't wait to come out on DVD so I can watch it again and again.
So if you have a free night this week and are heading to the cinema go see Battleship, it won't have you battling to get out of your seat.

Enjoy your weekend
Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment