Wednesday 18 April 2012

Crafts

Dear creative people,

Yesterday was a bit of a wet day with sunny spells, much like today. I had planned in the morning on going for a run, however the rain didn't look like fun to run in, so inside I stayed. Instead of spending all day on my lap top or the wii playing games, I decided to get my glue and scissors out to get stuck into some craft ideas. Now my friends know I love crafts, I have made them a few different presents for their birthdays. So with one of my younger friends turning sweet 16 I thought I'd make her something that she can keep, remember good times too. Therefore out came a picture of her, her sister and I of when we went to see an Example gig. We had such a fun time, shopping before the gig and a late night drive home. I didn't just want to put the picture in a frame, so I decided to get a canvas, decorate the the back with the picture taking centre stage (sort of like a scrap book page). I used different paper, cello, ribbons and flowers to create a back ground for the picture. The design is now wrapped in bubble wrap (I did enjoy popping a few, like you do) to protect the picture ready for her birthday next week.

My friends Present - Don't tell her about it!! Shhhh


As I was in a craft mood I thought I'd make some cards. For years now i've been making my own birthday cards as well as other occasion's. I feel I can make them more special for the person, adding ages as well as their favourite hobbies, which I might not be able to find in the shops. Over the years I have collected plenty of different materials to use to create my cards, from contrasting papers to gems stones along with ready made shapes. I haven't decide who they are for yet, but my friends and family might have them for their birthdays this year. Hope you like them.
Here's a selection I made.


Take care everyone, enjoying crafting.

Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment