Wednesday 3 October 2012

Book Review - Twenties Girl

Dear Readers,

I thought I'd share with you another book for my growing collection. I love this book and think its one you can easily get lost in, one i could also see being made into a film as it's such a fun uplifting story. Yes, I think you will enjoy it!!
"Twenties Girl" By Sophie Kinsella

The Blurb Reads:
Lara has always had an overactive imagination.
 
Now she wonders if she is losing her mind. Perfectly normal twenty-
something girls just don't get visited by ghosts! But inexplicably, the
 spirit of Lara's Great Aunt Sadie - in the form of a bold, demanding,
Charleston-dancing girl - has appeared to make one last request: Lara
must track down a missing necklace Sadie simply can't rest without.
 
Lara's got enough problems of her own. Her startup company is
floundering, her best friend and business partner has run off to Goa,
and she's been dumped by the love of her life.
 
But as Lara spends time with Sadie, life becomes more glamorous,
and their treasure hunt turns into something intriguing and romantic.
Could Sadie's ghost be the answer to Lara's problems -
and can two girls from different times end up learning something
special from each other?
 
 
A fun and fabulous read!! I was so addicted to this book I just couldn't put it down. When you've finished you'll be grabbing flapper girl outfits and bringing them back!! Now, I'm a big Sophie Kinsella fan, I've read most of her book and everyone of them has me smiling. They are an easy read getting you to fall into the story and be gripped that you won't be able to stop turning the pages. 
 
With the dark nights about, you'll be able to curl up with a warm drink and this fabulous book....Enjoy!
 
Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment