Tuesday 11 February 2014

Book review "Divergent"

Afternoon all,

I've had this book for a while as I heard a good review about it, but I've been short on time so I saved it for my holiday that I got back from last week... And it was worth it, cause I loved it!! It only took me a day to read... But that was because I couldn't put it down. ( I did read it again later in the week).


The blurb reads:
"Sixtheen-year-old Tris is forced to make a terrible 
choice. I'm a divided society where everyone 
must confirm, Tris does not fit. 

So she ventures out alone, determined to discover 
where she truly belongs. Shocked by her brutal new 
life, Tris can trust no one. And yet she is dawn to 
a boy who seems to both threaten and protect her. 

The hardest choice lies ahead."


A beautiful story set in a future world in Chicago, USA. Where the city as taken an opportunity to help people with their future, divided to make people stay in their correct places. Tris is a young women who finds out she is different from what society wants her to be. Her choice is to try and fit in a tough part of society, which leads to many more oppositions than she first knew. 
This book has the start of a beautiful love story, where Tris meets a young man who helps chance her life and help her understand who she truly is... So many twists and turns in this first part of a full pack trilogy. 
I know I couldn't put it down and was so glad I had the second book in the series to hand, so I could carry it on!! 

This book has been made into a film, so I'm excited to see how the story is developed. Plus how each character is portrayed. 

Don't worry there are two more books out to enjoy as well! Yay

Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment