Thursday 20 February 2014

Last nights theatre trip to see "Wicked"

Hey everyone!!!

Last night I took my parents (made them!) to our local theatre which is Milton Keynes to see the musical "Wicked". The story is based on the novel "Wicked: The life and Times of the wicked witch of the west" and the 1939 film plus novel "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz". The musical tells the story of the two main witches, Elphaba (the wicked witch of the west) and Glinda (the good witch of the north) and their unlikely friendship. It's plot begins before and continues after Dorothy arrives in Oz. You find out the background of Elphaba's story, how she became green, plus you meet her sister who later becomes the wicked witch if the east. The story follows how Elphaba and Glinda become unlikely friends, who have opposite personalities, viewpoints and rivalry over the same love interest. They try to find their places in Oz, but find out that the all power wizard of Oz isn't all he seem. While one takes a stand with him, the other is cast out, following different futures into the story we all know and love. Songs keep the musical fast pace and engaging with the audience, with fun up beat songs like "Popular" to ones that will touch your heart, like "Defying Gravity".  
It's a wonderful story, taking a twist on the classic story we know, making you understand more behind the wicked witches transformation into evil. The main song people may know is "Defying Gravity" which is my favourite... I had to keep my voice down so I didn't disburb other people around me. But it's always going to be a classic for me, and a very moving part to the story. 

If you get chance to see this musical, you NEED to go see it! I'm just waiting to go see the musical again or a film to be made, for now I'll just have to listen to the sound track again, and again and again...


Enjoy your week,

Love Lolly
xoxo



By the way, last night was my third time seeing the show, so I'm happy to go again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment