Friday 12 April 2013

Night at the theatre. Review - The Woman in Black

Afternoon all,

This week my friends and I headed to Milton Keynes theatre to see the touring production of "The Woman In Black" knowing we were in for a night of fright. This was my third time of seeing the play, my first time was 8 years ago at Milton Keynes and two years ago in London. So you can tell that I love this production as I'm happy to go back again and again.
The production is performed by only two actors who play all the parts even creating the idea that here is a dog on the stage. Limited props are used in many different ways creating a train, a desk and even a horse and cart. Very clever! Just because the stage is simple, the play is far from it, making you wonder what's next.
The story is based on the experience of a young man who goes to sort if the estate of one of his clients but ends up getting a fright when he finds a ghostly white lady dressed in black, all the locals know of the story and are scared of the lady in black. The characters take you though the story, getting the audience into this scary tale. At times it is very jumpy, with the unexpected appearing.
The story will leave you will chills as you head home.

If you haven't seen it, it's one to watch. Now I know there has been a film made of the play, I haven't watched it yet, but I've heard it doesn't do it justice.

Anyway, enjoy what's left of the weekend.

Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment