Saturday 20 April 2013

Theatre Night - The Great Gatsby. The Northern Ballet

Evening all,

I had a very busy day on Tuesday, but was looking forward all day to the evening. I had tickets book to see The Northern Ballet's production of The Great Gatsby. I love going to see the ballet so was excited when the Northern Ballet were returning to my local theatre, I knew I wanted to see the performance. However I didn't know what the story was about, so with a quick google search I was able to find the info i needed. Therefore unbeknown I was able to find out about this classic story by F.Scott Fitzgerald. The story takes place in during the roaming twenties and is told through the eyes of the main character Nick who lives in just outside New York in long Island, he lives next door to mysterious millionaire Jay Gatsby. He find out about Gatsby's past and how he is in love with Nick's married cousin, and believes he can win her back. The story takes you on an adventure through this strange mixed up love story.
The performance was beautiful with mini staging used at times so the sole focus was on the dancers, costumes reflected the era of the time, with flapper girls and gangstas. The music was a full orchestra creating a wonderful a complement to the dancers. This was a striking piece of work by The Northern Ballet, created a beautiful performance for all to enjoy.

Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment