Sunday 13 May 2012

book review - The single girls to-do list by Lindsey Kelk

Dear Ladies and Lads,

On my summer holiday last year I ordered some new books to take with me, because while I was laying by the pool I wanted something to do other than tan and swim. So I always need a good book to read. I have read other books by the author Lindsey Kelk so when her new book came out I knew I had found my holiday read.


The blurb reads:

"Rachel Summers loves a to-do list:
*Boyfriend
*Flat
*Great Job
NOT on the list:
*Being dumped

Best friends Emelie and Matthew ride to her rescue with an
entirely new kind of list - The Single Girl's To-Do List. Rachel
doesn't know it, but it will take her all kinds of wild
adventures - and get her some romantic pickles too. And then
it won't be a case of what but who she decides to tick off...

*Mr. bendy yoga instructor  *Mr teenage sweetheart in Toronto
*Mr persistent ex *Mr deeply unsuitable

The single girl's to-do list gives Rachel the perfect heartbreak cure
-and proves love is out there if you're willing to take a chance."

Now I love this book from start to finish! It made me want to write my own to-do list about what I want  to next in life. You fall for the main character and her crazy friends. When they are making the list you think they are crazy, not sure how they are ever going to mark them off. One by one each is ticked off in very different ways, helping Rachel to learn how to move on.
A perfect book to read by the pool or beach, a girly book for all to enjoy.

Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment