Monday 14 May 2012

Film Review - The Lucky One

Dear Everyone,

Last week some friends and I went to the cinema for a quiet night for my friends birthday. My friend isn't really into action and not all of us like horrors so we wanted a more girly romantic film. The Lucky One was perfect for us, based of the book of the same name by Nicholas Sparks. Now I've read some of his books and loved them, also seen other books by him made into films such as, The Note Book (Classic, two of my lad mates love this film), A walk to remember and Dear John. I have enjoyed all of these films before so we thought The Lucky One would be perfect. We weren't wrong.
Now this is the first time I've seen Zac Efron in something different other than singing and dancing, (I've never seen high school musical properly). He's more grown up in this film, and looking very fit. I think he plays the role perfectly, my friends and I were falling head over heels for him, (more so when he took off his shirt). The story is based on Zac's character Logan, after serving three tours in Iraq he goes in search of the women he believes is his lucky charm after finding her picture in the war zone. On meeting the women who has saved his life, Logan is unable to explain his situation, instead stays to help her in her life.
Over all this a beautiful story, and told so well by the actors. Each character's life isn't as easy as first seen, over coming their loses brings them closer together. My favourite character is the little boy Ben, played by Riley Thomas Stewart, he is so cute when hes eating the ice cream in the power cut, just want I'd do too!

Two days later after seeing this film with my friends, I took my Grandma to see it too, and she loved it, especially the German Shepard dog (She used to have one when I was little). So you know this film is perfect for all ages (Maybe not the too young kind).



If you are after a romantic film, this is the one for you.

Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment