Wednesday 16 May 2012

Book Review - One Day By David Nicholls

Dear Readers,

At Christmas my friend brought me a book, I love when I get a new book, I can't wait to just get into the story. It's taken me a while to pick it up and have time to read it, mostly as I had other books that needed reading first. The book, "One Day" by David Nicholls has already been made into a film, which one of friends loved, however I never got the chance to see it in the cinema, so I had been waiting for the DVD, but once i'd been given the book I knew I had to read that first.


The Blurb reads:
"You Can Live Your Whole Life
Not Realising That What You're Looking For
Is Right In Front Of You

15th July 1988. Emma and Dexter
meet on the night of their graduation.
Tomorrow they must go their
separate ways.

So where will they be on
this one day next year?
And the year after that?

And every year
that follows?"

This is a beautiful story about two people, written in a very different style, as you aren't follow them in a two week whirl wind romance but through their lives as they grow up and sometimes apart. You are able to see them at their best but also their worst. I love how the author has only written about one day every year, but fills you in on events that have happened over the past year. You feel for each of the characters, wanting them to be together, as friends and lovers, but seeing where they are going wrong and right in life, wanting both of them to succed, and learn from their mistakes. 
Overall this a beautiful read, following Emma and Dexter through their lives. It will make you think what are you doing today, however what will I be doing in a years time, or the next year, or the next.

A book I would recommend to all my friends,
So enjoy.

Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment