Sunday 8 September 2013

Reading Festival 2013

Hellooo,

This August Bank holiday weekend I spent it in a field.. but not just any field, just outside Reading where Reading festival was taking place, a weekend full of music. It was a chill away from normal life which was just what i needed!
I went to the festival last year and was lucky to see two of my favourite bands plus many more. The main reason I booked the ticket for this year was that I wanted to see Eminem, an artists I've loved since I was 10.. and my brother had his songs, I would sing them all day. Anyway getting back to the festival, i went with my friend who wanted to see many of the bands too.

The Camping
We camped in Brown camp as we had parked in the white car park, so it was closer walk. For anyone planning to go in the future, you are best to go early!! That way you get a better camping stop, each time I've had to leave later due to work and this doesn't help when you get there, as there isn't much space left. Luckily we squeezed between two tent (I asked first) and had just enough room to put up our tent.
When camping, I find taking minimal is the best choice, remember you've got to carry it all, so a rucksack full of your essentials, a sleeping bag, roll mat, tent and any food and drink you may want.

The Music

The main area for the festival had got bigger, there was extra stages. Overall there was 8 different stages;

  • Main Stage
  • NME/ BBC Radio 1 Stage
  • BBC Radio 1 Dance Stage
  • Lock Up/ Rock stage
  • Festival Republic Stage
  • BBC 1 Xtra Stage
  • Alternative Stage
  • BBC introducing stage
With all these stages, there's plenty to choice from. We checked the day before to see the times when acts were playing, but you can buy a weekend program which costs £10. This helps you find out all the clashes on each of the stages, but also know where you favorite acts maybe. 

We mostly spent time at the Main stage and NME/ BBC Radio 1 stage as that was where the acts i liked were playing. I saw: 
  • Green day
  • Eminem
  • Chase and status 
  • White lies
  • Biffy Clyro
  • Fall out boy
  • The Lumineers
  • Editors
  • Don Broco
  • Hadouken!
  • A$AP Rocky
  • Bastille
  • Frightened Rabbit
  • Peace
  • Kodaline
  • Dry the river
  • Imagine Dragons
  • Palma Violets
  • Haim
  • The Dog is dead
  • The 1975
  • Half moon run
It did take a lot of running from one stage to another... But it was planned out in the morning as we were getting ready to head to the arena. 

There is plenty of food venders to choice from! Including giant Yorkshire puddings with meat, veg and gravey. Burgers, pizza, chips, pasta, the list goes on. All plenty of bars to make sure you are enjoying yourself too. 

Overall I loved this year at Reading Festival... Every time I hear a song from the festival, I'm wishing I could go back and hear them all again. Now I'm just waiting to know who's playing next year, to know if I should go again! 

Love Lolly
xoxo

Moi and my friend Shakira

The NME stage/ radio 1 stage

Main stage... Emienm

Main stage... Fall out boy

Main stage... Biddy Clyro 

Another view

Moi

Main stage

Moi and Tom 

No comments:

Post a Comment