Tuesday 24 September 2013

Paramore gig at Birmingham

Hey people!

I'm feeling a little tired today, as straight from work yesterday (had a half day and an early start) I went with friends to the LG Arena to see one of my favourite bands... PARAMORE, as they are on their autumn tour. It's been three years since they toured the UK last, however they did play a few festivals last year, including Reading where I saw them. I've loved this band for many years and was lucky to go see them back in 2009 with some friends when they played Wembley arena, then again in 2010 when they played London's O2 arena. However with changes to the band, they took time to create their new album which is self titled, and they have come back in style!! Oh how I have missed seeing them live. When I knew they were touring the UK I quickly booked tickets to see them, if I could afford it I would go more than once, however my bank balance won't allow this. 
Last night they had two support acts, Eliza and the Bear, also Charlie XCX - she featured on the song "I love it" with Icona Pop, that's how I know her. They were both great acts to warm up the show, getting the atmosphere in the arena buzzing. 
  Paramore appeared on stage starting with "Grow Up" from their new album.
The set list went as follows:

  1. Grow Up
  2. Fast in my car
  3. That's what you get
  4. Decode
  5. Ignorance
  6. Interlude: I'm not angry anymore 
  7. Now
  8. Daydreamering
  9. When it rains
  10. Last Hope
  11. Brick by boring brick
  12. Interlude: Holiday
  13. Crushcrushcrush
  14. Ain't it fun
  15. The only exception
  16. In the morning/ Landslide
  17. Pressure
  18. Misery Business
Encore:
  1. Part II
  2. Interlude: Moving on
  3. Still in to you
The amount of energy the band has is shown on the stage, by running, jumping round they all do! They played many songs off of their new album, but didn't forget about classics everyone loved, like Misery Business, when Hayley picked a member of the audience to join her on stage to sing the main lines of the song with her!! The young girl was so excited and luckily knew all the words too. 
Paramore told fans how thankful they were to be back and how much they loved coming to the UK, they talked about how much the tour, making the new album and continuing the band meant to them, how the fans made everything. 
I enjoyed singing along to all the songs... a little out of tune but I'm sure it didn't stop others enjoying the show. It's always great to see a band you love live... I just can't wait to see them again soon. 

I'm sure the memory of the gig will last for ages, but to keep it going I brought myself a T-shirt and a wrist band. 
its a bit creased from being folded up in my bag. 


love these rubber wrist bands. 
our view.. we were seated.

Paramore

Paramore!!

I just hope they come back to the UK again soon!! No matter how much I'd love to go see them in another country I don't think my bank balance would agree. 

Enjoy you week,

Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment