Wednesday 3 June 2015

Book review - Paper Towns by John Green

Afternoon,

I've decided I've got to share with you the books I've been reading over the last year as I have let my blog side a bit (life has been busy) so now I've claimed back a bit of my time I feel I need to share with you the many books I've been reading, (which was mainly on the train, or on my holidays). 

Today's book I need to share with you is by John Green (the same author of the best selling The Fault in our Stars) 


Blurb reads:

The thing about Margo Roth Spiegelman is 
that really all I could ever do was let her 
encourage her to go on, due to the facts that 
1. I was incontestably in love with her, and 2.
She was absolutely unprecedented in 
every way, and 3. she never really asked 
me any questions...

Quentine Jacobson has always loved Margo
from afar. So when she climbs through his window
to summon him on an all-night road trip of revenge
he cannot help but follow. But the next morning,
Q turns up at school and Margo doesn't. She's 
left clues to her disappearance, like a trail of 
breadcrumbs for Q to follow. 

And everything leads to one unavoidable question:
Who is the real Margo?

The take place in Florida, USA known as the sunny state, but as this book reveals no all is what you know. A place built up with expectations doesn't always go to plan. Quentine has always been obsessed with Margo the girl next door who plays by her own rules, each day watching her, wanting to know more about her. When she goes missing he believes only he can find her. With clues that take him all over Florida he find out more about the state he lives in, plus the life that Margo lead. She was more complicated than he ever realised. 
This book makes you step back and look at the lives we lead, are we following the herd or finding out the small bits in life that really do mean more than you realise. A beautiful story, and a read for the many.  A film of this book is set to come out some time in 2015. 

Until next time, 

Love Lolly
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment