Saturday 7 July 2012

Good deeds

Hiya people,

Yesterday as I was getting ready for an early night there was a knock at my front door. A young lad was there asking if I had lost a rabbit as he had found one running round the road near my house. Now as my friends know I own two beautiful girl bunnies, however I knew they were locked up in their cages as my brother had just feed them. I let the lad know it wasn't mine but I'd help him catch it. Two of my other neighbours were in the road and they thought it was mine. The cute little rabbit was hiding under a van in our road. By the way our road is filled with parked cars, but isn't busy for traffic. I slowly walked up to the rabbit and was able to catch him. He tired to jump and scratch me to get away, but I'm used to these trick as I've had rabbits for years, therefore I held on tightly and took him back to my house. My brother ran to get the carry case so we had somewhere to keep him.
The problem we had was who's was he? It was just after 10 and I live on a quiet street so I didn't really want to wake people up as most houses seemed to be in darkness. I tired the house just over the road as they were new with children, however he didn't belong to them. Next I tired a few door in the other direction from my house as I knew they had children, with out any luck. The little guy didn't belong to them either and they didn't know where he might of come from.
With it getting later and my brother having an early flight in the morning with thought we'd better head home. Still in the carry case, we added a bowl of food and water, popped him in our garage to keep him warm and headed to bed.
This morning, I check he was OK, and gave him a nice carrot. I couldn't go searching for his owner just yet as I had to run my bro to the airport. When I arrived home after lunch, I got to work finding this little rabbits home! Bless him he was cutie and so friendly. My first thought was to put a notice in the local shop, so I got my lap top out after checking he was still happy in his temporary home (also checking my own were happy as the weather was wet and my little bunny hates the rain) I created a little poster.
I was just finished and about to print when the door bell went. I answered the door and a man stood there looking a little worried. He had been to the house across the way look for a rabbit and the family had sent him to my house. I told him I had him, a little grey bunny safe in my garden. The guy followed me and looked so relieved to see the little guy I knew it had to be his. The guy only lived up the road and didn't realise the bunny had escaped till this morning, and his daughter was upset. He thanked me, and I let take him in the carry case as I knew it would be easier, he said he would bring the case right back. With in 5 minutes the door bell went and the guy was standing there with an empty carry case and a box of chocolates as a thank you!
Good deeds can put the smile back on someones face, and by helping other make you feel like helping more. Plus I gained a box of chocolates!!


How cute was this lost bunny.

So film tonight and chocolate sounds good!!

I hope you all enjoy your weekend.
Love lolly
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Thats so lovely hunii!!! Should eb more people like you! Xx

    ReplyDelete