Wednesday 4 July 2012

My theatre trip "Stomp"

Hello,

This Sunday just gone I headed to London with some friends to see the performance of "Stomp". We had pre booked tickets which also included dinner at Planet Hollywood before the show. Therefore we decided to get to London early so we could spend some time sight seeing, a little bit of shopping, but also drinking cocktails!!
When we got to London we headed straight to sort out our tickets and when there got a free upgrade to better seats! (How nice) The theatre , Ambassadors Theatre, isn't to far away from Leicester Square where we wanted to have a look around as the area had been recently renovated. Now I love the cinema's around here, where some premiere's are held (Or used to be) this place always feels like London to me. We headed to one of the bars round this area for some cocktails!! Chips were also needed as a snack to keep us going till dinner, as it was just past lunch. The weather wasn't to bad so we sat outside enjoying people watching.
By the way I was wearing one of my new Boohoo.com dresses!!

While sitting as this bar my friends and I noticed a lot of Canadian flags and wondered what was going on. My mates BF just wanted to know where they were getting the beer from. Not far from Leicester Square is Trafalgar Square, where we found everything happening as it turned out it was Canada Day!!
They were playing ice hockey!!

After visiting Canada Day, we went to a few other places in London including Covent Garden, before heading to dinner at Planet Hollywood. Now I've never been to this restaurant so we were interested to see what it was like inside as well as what the food tasted like! The moment you walk in you are surrounded by items from famous Movies! We were seated next to items from the Indiana Jones films!


There was a set meal, which was part of our theatre deal and we only had to buy drinks. I decided to leave the alcohol alone while enjoying my food so went for a smoothies named Princess Diaries - which my friends decided was perfect for me...I still wonder why?


The Cocktails has some cool names too, including Hellboy, Terminator, Legally Blonde and Iron Man which said you'll love the special effects!
When dinner was finished my friend and I made a quick trip to the loo, while there we found celebrities had hand prints on the wall which they had signed. My hands are the same size as Demi Moore!!

With time before the show started we went for a walk by the river Thames to enjoy the view, we were lucky it wasn't raining. Then on to the Theatre!
With our upgraded tickets we were seated in the circle with a great view of the show. The was no interval in the performance so we had made sure we had sweets and drinks before hand. The show started with one guy on the stage with a broom, sweeping the floor and making a small tap every now and then with the broom, creating a beat. Soon more and more people started to appear on the stage with brooms creating a rhythm to the beat. Adding in feet taps and also swapping their brooms with others. You could see everyone was doing something a bit different drawing your eye to all the members of casts, listening to the sounds and beat they were creating. It was fascinating to watch them take a normal object and create such a wonderful tune. They used many different items through out the show, from cans, pipes to newspapers. The newspapers were my favourite, had me laughing out loud at the cast. You wouldn't think how noise a person could be. There was audience involvement, with clapping along to the beat and copying their rhythm - which wasn't as easy as it looked at times.
This is a fun and creative show, which will having you tapping all the way home (I know I was). The whole family can enjoy this performance, you will be seeing objects in different ways to make noise!!

I had such a great day on Sunday and have to say a BIG THANK YOU to my friend Claire who sorted the tickets out. We will have to book another show in London soon.

Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment