Tuesday 1 October 2013

{Book Review} About a Girl

Morning all,

These last few months have been really busy for me, which I've loved, however I haven't found time to even think about reading a book! But I knew Lindsey Kelk had a new book out and as always I wanted it. When my friend asked me what I wanted for my birthday I sad the book as it came out a few weeks better.. Which did mean I had to wait to read it, but life made sure I waited even longer! Therefore when the weather change to being a wet in September, and the evenings started getting darker, I knew it was book time!! (Yay)




Blurb Reads:
I'd lost my job. I'd lost the love of my life.
My best friend was epically annoyed.
And my flatmate probably had a hit 
out on me by now.

Tess Brookes has always been a Girl with a Plan. But when 
the Plan goes belly up, she's forced to reconsider.

After accidently answering her flatmate Vanessa's phone, she 
decides that since Tess isn't going so well, she might 
try being Vanessa. With nothing left to lose, she accepts 
Vanessa's photography assignment to Hawaii - she used to 
be an amateur snapper, how hard can it be?

But Tess is soon in big trouble. And the gorgeous journalist on 
the shoot with her, who is making it very clear he'd like to get 
into her pants, is an egotistical monster. Far from home and 
in someone else's shoes, Tess must decide whether to fight 
on through, or 'fess up and run...

Totally a girls book about a girl who is stuck in her life. Like Tess we all need a change, but when life throws it in your face a reaction is all you can do. Tess was all work, it was her life, so with it taken away shes lost what to do next. I bet many people would be the same, so with an opportunity to run away from it all, Tess grabs it... Hawaii sounds like a great place to rethink your life to me. Getting so far from home and pretending to be someone else, Tess is able to rethink what she wants, but at the same time get into more trouble! This book will have you laughing, Lindsey Kelk is great at adding humour in all of her books, I think that's why they are so easy to pick up. 

I hope you enjoy it too, let me know what you think. I can't wait for more from Lindsey soon... I do know she's working on a new addition to the "I heart series, due to be released near Christmas. 

Enjoy your week,

Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment