Sunday 10 June 2012

Book review - "The Girl Next Door" By Elizabeth Noble

Dear Everyone,

I'm still busy working my way through my book collection, so I thought I'd suggest another book for you all to read. I found this book a few years ago when I was searching through the shelves at my local Waterstones. I normally pick books by suggestions of friends or reviews I've read, however after reading the blurb I just wanted to know more.
The Blurb reads:
What Makes a house a home?
For Eve Gallagher, home is miles away in England since she and her
husband relocated to an apartment building on New York's Upper East
Side. And life isn't remotely coming up roses.

What makes a neighbour a friend?
Violet has lived in the building for decades but she's always kept herself
apart, until Eve's loneliness touches her heart and friendship blossoms.

What makes a wife a lover?
Jason Kramer in Apartment 6A is no longer sure he loves his wife, but
he's head-over-heels for Rachael Schulman in 6B.

What makes the girl next door the woman of your dreams?
Meeting Emily Mikanowski from 3A turns Trip Grayling's world upside
down. It's love at first sight, but he needs help from Charlotte, the shy
romance addict in 2A, if he's going to win the girl.

Dreams come true, hearts are broken and no one is left unchanged when
the secrets and desires hidden behind closed doors are finally brought
into the light.

This is all the stories from one building will have you thinking that you know all the gossip, however some of it you'll be wishing you never knew. From love and friendships, this apartment building has a mix of people. You are welcomed into the build by Eve Gallagher who is new not just to the build but new to New York and the USA. She has big dreams for her and her husband, however things don't always go to plan. From her you learn the life of the other residents living in the building, their highs and their lows, you'll feel that you are living their too.

I hope you enjoy this beautiful book by Elizabeth Noble. I do know she has written more books for us all to enjoy.

Take care,

Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment