Saturday 9 June 2012

Review - Keeping Faith, By Jodi Picoult

Dear Readers,

By now you can tell that I love reading, as I have blogged about many books that I have read. I thought I'd share with you all another of my favourite authors, Jodi Picoult. She has many books out that you can enjoy, i shall share my opinions about them all over time, however i thought I'd share my thoughts on one of her books ,"Keeping Faith".
The blurb reads:
When Mariah White catches her husband
with another woman, her life starts to fall
apart. And when her daughter, Faith begins
to confide in an imaginary friend, her
own brush with insanity starts to
take on a darker meaning.

Then Faith appears to start
performing miracles, and all at once
the situation is spiralling beyond
Mariah's control. Is Faith truly
seeing God? Or is she just a troubled little
girl seeking refuge from her parents' divorce?

When it comes to matters of faith, it's hard
to know who to believe...

This is a fascinating story which will have you second guessing all the way through. You truly want to know more about these characters and how they are coping with the situation. Most children have imaginary friends, but when Faith tells her mother hers is God, religion is thrown into the works. Mariah doesn't know who to turn to, with only her own mother on her side, religion isn't something she want to get involved with. Such a beautiful story that will have you wanting more. I know I couldn't put it down till the last page!

If you want to get into a new book, this could be for you. I've already lent this to a friend who said she loved it too!

I hope you enjoy.

Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment