Monday 11 June 2012

book review - "Things I want my Daughters to Know"

Dear everyone,

I hope you are enjoying your day, I just thought I'd take some time out to tell you all about another book from my collection. I reviewed recently another book by this author and thought I'd share this one with you. "Things I want my Daughters to Know" is another beautiful book by Elizabeth Noble, one that will have you crying to the last page.

The Blurb reads:
How would you say goodbye to those you love
most in the world?
Barbara must say a final farewell to her four daughters. But how can
she find the words? And how can she leave them when they each
have so much growing up still to do?

Take Lisa, in her thirties but terrified of commitment - or brittle,
unhappily married Jennifer. Amanda, the traveller, is always a little
apart from her sisters and teenage Hannah faces adult life without
a mother at her side.

Barbara's answer is to write each daughter a letter, finally expressing
the hopes, fears, dreams and secrets she couldn't always voice. These
words will touch the girls in different - sometimes shocking - ways,
unlocking emotions and passions to set them on their own journey
of discovery through life.


This is such a lovely read for anyone who has a mother or is a mother, you will be wanting to spend more time with your family as you realise how much they mean to you, but also how much they will be missed when they are gone. The four daughters are finding it hard in different ways to deal with the passing of their mother. Barbara leaves each daughter a special letter just for them, as this is the only way she can explain all her thoughts that she know she won't get chance to tell them. Each daughter feels differently about what they have been told, questioning who their mother really was, and why she wait till she was no longer around to tell them. You will be shocked, laughing, and crying throughout this book, I know tears were falling at parts. My heart strings went out to each daughter, trying to understand how each deals with their lost of their mother. I know we all want to do best for our children, or do our best as children for our mothers, this story tells the side no only of a mother sad to leave her children, but daughters copying with the lost of their mother and best friend.

This is a book that any mother and daughter need to read!!

Enjoy,

Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment