Monday 4 June 2012

Film review -Snow white and the huntsman

Dear Film Goers,

With yesterday being so wet and miserable, my friend and I decided to head to the cinema to see Kristen Stewart's new film since twilight. Now this is a classic fairy story retold in a darker way, most of us have seen the Disney version of this film, I know I did as a child. There are some other big names like Chris Hemsworth as the huntsman and Charlize Theron as the evil queen included in this film, so you know they have pulled out all the stops. Kristen Stewart does put on a English accent which I wasn't to sure about, but I must say I've heard much worse. She doesn't say a lot till a long speech nearer the end. She does really well with the action scenes she was given, she looks a lot more stronger than from twilight, showing off a action side to her acting skills. There are parts where you do think "Twilight" like when she jumps off a cliff, but its all good. Chris Hemsworth is perfect as the Huntsman, (very hot too!) looking very strong and in control in all his scenes, the perfect protector for snow white. The evil queen is portrayed beautifully evil by Charlize Theron, not only does she look stunning, she ripples off danger, (lets just say I wouldn't want to be in a fighter with her). She does hold camera, making the audience follow her every move. With her character I did enjoy the back story that has been added, this help you to understand her much more.
Now you can't but love the dwarfs in this film!!! My friend and I loved who had been cast, watching some great names play these characters we all remember, adding humour to the whole film.

So overall this is a dark version of a well know tale, keeping all the main characters, but adding some more and showing more of the back ground of each - I like how prince charming is still included. Even the red apple is there.

The only down side to the film, is how long is. I would recommend going to the loo before and trying not to drink too much while you are watching, I had to run to the loo when it had finished. There might be bits that you could change, and some bits do go on a bit long, however I can see why the director has made them this way, he wanted all of the story to be told, I don't think anything has been lost. You can tell there could be another film in the works, but I really hope they don't try and over do it!

So if its raining tomorrow and you don't want to stay at your own house, go see this film!!



Let me know you thoughts on the film,

Love Lolly
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Good review Lolly. It was stylized in a more dark and gritty way, than we usually see from fairy-tale movies, but I still liked that about it even when the story started to get weaker. Also, just couldn't take my eyes off of Theron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, I'm glad you enjoyed my review. I do wonder what fairy tale hollywood will take on next.

      Delete