Thursday 21 June 2012

Book review - "A Walk to Remember" Nicholas Sparks

Dear Book lovers,

As I have a bit of time, I thought I'd share with another book for my collection of favourites. Before I reading this book I had already seen the film, so I knew what I was getting involved with. (The film is in my top 10)

The Blurb reads:
Landon Carter would never have dreamed of asking Jamie Sullivan
out, but a twist of fate throws them together. In the months that
follow, Landon breaks down Jamie's natural reserve and begins to get
to know her - and to fall in love. But then he discovers that Jamie has a
reason for not letting people close - a secret that will break his heart.


An incredible read that will have you reaching for a tissue to dry your eyes. It shows not everything is as it seems. The story is told from Landon's point of view, looking back to when he was seventeen and his life changed for ever. It wonderfully moving with page you turn and a story that will stay with you forever.
You must read this book! Even if you have seen the film or know the story, because reading this book really tells the whole story, one that will have you weeping at the joy and tragedy of it all. Just don't finish the book like I did, on a packed plane while a waiting take off - I'm sure people thought I was crazy, but I couldn't help the tears.

Let me know your thoughts,

Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment