Thursday 28 February 2013

A friends Funeral Flowers

Hello Everyone,

Things have been very busy this last week, sadly I had a funeral last Friday of a family friend. It was a sad occasion, but he had been struggling with cancer, so now we all know he's at peace. The family had asked me to the flowers for the funeral, which I was very pleased about, as I got to create the last gift the family get to give. Many people think flowers are waste at funerals, as they are only used on the day. However I would say a funeral doesn't look right without flower. A coffin looks empty, even a small design over a full coffin spray looks nicer than having nothing. I know cost can be a big factor, but if you have a budget a florist can work to that, try asking for cheaper flowers, pick seasonal, and choose a colour scheme than picking every flower that goes in the design. Overall I also think flowers are the last gift you are giving your loved one, I do agree that you should send them before when the person is alive, but the family, friends and you can appreciate them on the day.  When the funeral has finished the flowers are the families to do with as they wish, you could take them home, view them in the garden or take to another loved ones grave.

I did enjoy creating these pieces and the family loved them too, but I also know my uncle would of loved that I made them for his funeral.

Red and White Wreath, Includes Roses and Carnations

Stem End Spray, Includes Roses and Veronica 

Single ended Spray, Includes Carnations and Iris

Large Posy, mixed colours, Includes Roses, 
Carnations and Lisianthus 

All the flowers together at the funeral.

Love Lolly
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Before you do send flowers, check to see what their customs are for funerals. Even if the person you are sending the arrangement to is a close friend, if it isn't appropriate culturally, you shouldn't send flowers.
    24hrscityflorist.com

    ReplyDelete