Wednesday 20 February 2013

Theatre Show - Wicked

Hey,

Just thought I'd let you in a bit of knowledge i found out recently.... Well the hit West End show "Wicked" is going on tour next year!!! (If you can tell I'm a little EXCITED) I'm lucky that I've already seen the show on the West End not only once, but twice. The first time was a few years back when I went with a friend who had already seen the show, but had wanted to go again, also asking me to join her as she knew I would love the show, which I did. The second time was back in 2011 when a group of friends of mine organized a surprise trip to London and see the show for our friends birthday. I just sat back to enjoy the show all over again... This time singing along to the song too, but not to loudly.
Now for any of you that don't know what "Wicked" is about or who have never even heard of the show (Where have you been??? Under a rock?) Well it's based of the 1995 Gregory Maguire novel "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West", a parallel novel of the film from 1939 "The Wizard of Oz" and the classic story by L. Frank Baum "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz". Overall the show tell the witches tale, their point of view before Dorothy even arrives in Oz but also after Dorothy leaves back to Kansas. The show tells the tale of two unlikely friends in Elphaba (The Wicked Witch of the West) and Glinda (the Good Witch of the North), how they struggle to even become friends with their different points of view on life, their personalities, rivalry over the same man, but also their reaction to the Wizard and the secrets he is hiding. The story is told beautifully by incorporating  music and song, I'm sure you will be singing long after you have left the theatre, including the most famous from the show, which has featured in TV shows such as Glee, "Defying Gravity". (This is my favorite song from the show, features a dramatic stage effects in the performance).
Well you might be asking what's my point in tell you all about this show, well as I've already said the show is touring next year, and its head to my local theatre in Milton Keynes. The tickets go on sale Wednesday 20th February 2013 (Today, the date I've posted this to the world) for the performances next year. I believe this is going to be a very popular show, so one you will want to book early to avoid disappointment. Therefore act early or you will miss out on the magic! 

Hope you get a chance to see this wicked show!! 

Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment