Thursday 28 February 2013

Film review - Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters

Hiya everyone,

I went to the cinema with some friends last night, I haven't been for ages so was excited to see something new. The first film my friends wanted to see turned out to be sold out!!!! Unlucky for us, so with a quick change of plan with decided to see "Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters" a twist in the traditional fairy story we were told as children (Well I was). We saw this film in 3D which did work well, plenty of items coming out of the screen at you, my friend even jumped a few times which was funny to watch. Well, we are introduced to Hansel and Gretel, shown how they were left in the woods by their father and came across the a cottage made of sweets, where an evil witch lived, who trapped them and wanted to eat them (still with me? Remember all this part). One day the children are able to fight back and kill the witch by pushing her into the oven. The story continues years later when the children are grown up, the siblings are still together, turned bounty hunters fighting witches around the world. In a small town, children are going missing, Hansel and Gretel plan to find the witch taking them, apart from they don't expect secrets from their past to be revealed.
There are many fight scenes involved, plenty of action to get your fill, lots of blood and gore. It's a very fast moving film, with a great story line to keep you fixed on the film, for me the time went really quick!! I loved how Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton played the main characters, a brother and sister who have only each other. Also the are great action actors... Perfect for the parts in my opinion.

So if you get chance go see this film, I know my dad wants to see this soon too.

Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment