Sunday 3 February 2013

Night out at the Ballet

Morning,

On Friday my Mum and I had a trip to the theatre to see Matthew Bourne's "Sleeping Beauty". I had been trying to get tickets for this show for a while, they had sold out for all the dates I wanted to go, however I was lucky and kept asking each time I visited the theatre and was able to get two returned tickets!! I love going to theatre and ballets are my favourite. When I was in school I did study dance for my GCSE's we studied many different dances and Choreographers. Through out all my work Matthew Bourne became my favourite. His works include, "The Nutcracker", "A Play Without Words" and The most famous of them all "Swan Lake" when the men are the swans.
"Sleeping beauty" is Matthew Bourne's third production using music written by Tchaikovsky. The performance works stunningly well with Tchaikovsky's music, Bourne has created a beautiful Gothic Romance within the fairy tale story. Bourne's style is always very modern, he still used classic moves, but is able to show a story through his style. So much to keep you interested, with humor included by the dancers with had the audiences laughing.


I love Matthew Bourne's work, and I can't wait to see what he creates next!

Love Lolly
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment